Software License and Limited Warranty
LICENSOR: G R Freeth
LICENSEE: You, the end user
This is a legal agreement between LICENSOR and LICENSEE. By completing this registration process you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree then please abort the registration process by clicking the Cancel button.
1. GRANT OF LICENCE. In consideration of payment of the Licence fee and your agreement to abide by the terms and conditions of this Licence the LICENSOR grants to you the LICENSEE the non-transferable non-exclusive right to use the SOFTWARE on any or all computers owned by you.
2. OWNERSHIP OF SOFTWARE. An express condition of this Licence is that the LICENSOR retains title and ownership of the SOFTWARE. This License is not a sale of the original SOFTWARE or any copy.
3. COPYING OF SOFTWARE. You may make unlimited copies of the SOFTWARE for your personal use.
4. USE RESTRICTIONS. You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the SOFTWARE.
5. DISTRIBUTION RESTRICTIONS. You may freely distribute copies of the SOFTWARE to others but you may not divulge any Registration Number that enables the full functionality of the SOFTWARE.
6. TERMINATION. This Licence remains effective until terminated. This Licence will terminate automatically without notice from the LICENSOR if you fail to comply with any provision of this Licence. Upon termination you shall destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.
a) Except as specifically stated in this agreement, the SOFTWARE is provided and licensed 'AS IS' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
b) The LICENSOR does not warrant that the functions contained in the SOFTWARE will meet your requirements or that operation of the SOFTWARE will be either error free or appear precisely as described in the documentation.
c) The LICENSOR warrants that the SOFTWARE will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying documentation for a period of 90 days from the date of receipt by the LICENSEE.
The LICENSOR 's entire liability and the LICENSEE's exclusive remedy shall be, at the LICENSOR's option, either (a) return of the price paid or (b) repair or replacement of the SOFTWARE that does not meet LICENSOR's Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the SOFTWARE has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement SOFTWARE will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
To the maximum legal extent by applicable law, the LICENSOR shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use this SOFTWARE, even if the LICENSOR has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, the LICENSOR's entire liability under any provision of this agreement shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the LICENSEE for the SOFTWARE.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England.